Sunday, May 8, 2011

20 Top 20s Part 3-Books

It's time to list my favorite books. I have hundreds of books; thousands if you count comic books and magazines. I will list, in no particular order, my favorite books. I will not include comics unless it is a graphic novel or a storyline compiled into a single volume. Some of these, particularly the Robert E. Howard and H.P. Lovecraft entries, have material that have been released in other forms. In these cases, I will name the book as it appears in my collection. I will name authors when I can.

1.Legend (David Gemmel)

2.The Black Company (Glen Cook)

3. A Game of Thrones (George R.R. Martin)

4.The Coming of Conan (Robert E. Howard)

5.The Twelve Caesars (Suetonius)

6.The Gallic Wars (Julius Caesar)

7. Warfare in Antiquity (Hans Delbruck)

8.Infantry Attacks (Erwin Rommell)

9.To Conquer Hell/The Meuse-Argonne 1918 (Edward G. Lengel)

10.Rangers at Dieppe (Jim DeFelice)

11. The Art of War (Sun Tzu)

12.Beowulf (Unknown)

13. Mosby's Rangers (Jeffry D. Wert)

14.Death in the A Shau Valley (Larry Chambers)

15. Ripcord (Keith Nolan)

16.The Conquering Sword of Conan (Robert E. Howard)

17.Dreams of Terror and Death (H.P. Lovecraft)

18. The Call of Cthulhu and Other Tales (H.P. Lovecraft)

19. Prohibited-Book 2 (Luis Royo)

20. Peanuts Treasury (Charles M. Shultz)

No comments:

Post a Comment