Monday, August 23, 2010

My weekend

I had a fairly fulfilling weekend; doing nothing. I watched "Centurion" on Pay-Per-View. It was good. It's a fictional movie based on the Roman Ninth Legion in Britannia in which most of the legion is wiped out in an ambush by the Picts. A handful of Romans survive, but are stranded behind enemy lines and are being hunted by the Picts. There were some anachronisms and factual errors in the film. While there is some mystery as to the fate of the Ninth, there is evidence they were transferred to the Eastern Frontier from Britannia. There was also a Pict who used a two-handed, double-bitted axe, one of my personal pet peeves. It was a good movie, however,and will probably see it if, and when, it comes to theatres.
I went to the theatre to see Pirahna 3D. I enjoyed it immensely. The premise and acting were suspect at best, but that's not why you see movies like this. There was plenty of nudity, women in bikinis, and gore. In fact, it's the goriest film I've seen in years. The 3D aspect was also well done. I may see it again.
I also started reading "A Feast For Crows"; book four of "The Song of Fire and Ice" series by George R.R. Martin. I'm about half way through the book and it's brilliant, as were the others. It's been so long, however, since I read the other books, that I'm having to look back to the last book to remember some of the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment