Monday, August 16, 2010

It's been a while...

It's been nearly a year since I've written anything; I've had many profound changes in my life since last I wrote and I'm still working out some of the kinks. My Father passing was before my last post, but the ramifications of that are still resounding through my life. I've been divorced for nearly six months now and my Mother's home (my family home)may be foreclosed upon soon. The last year and half have been a trial, but I am pushing forward. I have neither the time nor inclination for a personal pity party.
I do plan on working on my writing more now. A friend of mine suggested I try and write something, no matter how small, everyday. Some of that will be here on this blog. I also plan on writing a few short stories. These will likely be put here on the blog. Ultimately, I'd like to write novels, but I feel the short stories will help me refine my abilities (if any, the jury's still out). They'll also be easier for others to read and critique.
I hope to discipline myself and start doing the things I want to do with my life. Today, I woke up early and worked out with my kettle bell and wrote this post. These are tiny steps, but they may be the beginning of a journey I wish to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment