Sunday, September 5, 2010

Machete

Earlier today, several friends and myself went to watch Machete in the theatre. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, it was very preachy about how open borders with Mexico is a good thing and how we, the Americans, take advantage of illegals, who just want to work. Personally, I realize there are people, not just Mexicans, who are here illegally and want to make a honest living. I just don't know why they can't go through the process of either getting a work visa or citizenship. I also don't feel they should be entitled to welfare or Medicare, particularly since those need to be scaled back on citizens. That having been said, as far as Machete goes, the movie is so filled with over the top violence, language, and situations that it's a good movie once you get past the preaching. Overall, I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment