Wednesday, September 1, 2010

KISS pt. 2

I went and seen KISS perform last night and, all in all, it was an excellent show. Of course, you can expect a certain level of quality just from their seniority in the rock world; they've been around a long time and know what they're doing. It was also the closest I've been to the stage and I'm not sure if that made the lights and pyrotechnics that much greater, but it was a brilliant display of showmanship. I only have two real complaints and they both concern vocals. The first is the fact that Paul Stanley was obviously a bit hoarse from the onset. He still performed greatly (and far better than I could dream of attempting), but it was noticeable in certain songs and sometimes even when he addressed the crowd. The second problem was with the backing vocals, particularly Tommy's vocals, didn't seem properly "levelled" (if that's the correct term). Once again, it was only obvious on certain songs, but then it stuck out like a sore thumb. The show was still among the best concerts I've ever been to and, if given a chance, I'll go again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment