Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Trying different things.

        I readily admit to being a bit of a geek. I'm not as hardcore geek as many of my friends and acquaintances, but I do enjoy many of the same diversions. I love comic books, miniature war gaming, and table top role playing games, as well as gnre films and books. There are some things, however, within the sphere of geekdom I had pre-judged, but had never done previously. Two of these things I recently decided to try in an attempt to broaden my own horizons, X-Box Live and World of Warcraft, and I came away with different opinions on each.
       I had two coupons for X-Box Live; each for a two day free trial. After signing on for said free trials, I decided to play the online versions of the following games; Call of Duty- World at War, Call of Duty- Black Ops, Call of Duty- Modern Warfare 3, Medal of Honor, and Space Marine. I really enjoyed all of them, with the latter two being my favorites. I still prefer single player campaign for story purposes, but I'll probably get a paid X-Box Live account just to get more out of my games.
      I still don't understand why people pay for World of Warcraft. I'm playing the free version and I find it quite boring. It seems to be a lot of running around (as your character) and not much else. I can see playing it if you have nothing else to do, but I know that the game has had a hand in ruining marriages and I'm not sure why. I guess "To each, their own."
      

No comments:

Post a Comment